Google+

Monday, January 18, 2016

January C'est Magnifique Progressive Pages

Hello, C'est Magnifique Friends!  Welcome to the C'est Magnifique's Progressive Pages !  This challenge will accommodate all levels of scrappers from the beginners/clean scrappers to all you mixed media artists!  C'est Magnifique Designer  Kathleen White will be your host.


Greetings everyone Kathleen here with my first in what I hope is a long series of one layout three ways.
Layout one is for the novice or those who lack the time for adding detail at the moment.  This is a perfect starting and stopping point.  
Tip: You know those strips at the bottom of the 12x12 papers with the company information, save them.  They make excellent layering strips as seen above.
 For the base of this layout I created my focal point with strips of paper then matted my picture with the postcards from one of the papers added a few flowers and viola you are done!
{Main kit only }


Layout two I added areas of interest using a honeycomb stencil and modeling paste.  
Tip: Add a touch of paint to your modeling paste to coordinate with the color palette of your papers.
Fussy cut a few graphic from the other papers and layer them to either side of the picture.
{Main kit, Flower add-on, and paint from the Mixed Media kit}



Layout three I spritzed the background with a couple of colors for depth and interest.  I removed the word tag tucked it into the upper right-hand layers.  With the lettering from the kit, I created my title.  More flowers and leaves were added to floral arrangement and snippets of lace were frayed out and tucked into the layers.  Finally, I added a twine bow and a few micro beads(from my stash).
 {Main kit, Flower add-on and paint from the Mixed Media kit}

A few close ups





Thanks for stopping by the C'est Magnifique blog today and we hope you enjoyed these fun pages!

Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    Wow, awesome class - I loved seeing each level of your beautiful pages. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous layouts and papers, but wonderful subject!!!

    ReplyDelete